March 11, 2009

Stupid Freakin Girl Scouts

This little bitch is Satan in disguise.

When I began this blog, I forgot about Girl Scout Cookies. I really believed that there was nothing I couldn't live without (cheesecake, ice cream, licorice, pizza) but last week I was proven wrong. I forgot about Girl Scout Cookies. But they did not forget about me.

So last week, things started off pretty good. I wasn't babysitting overnight anymore, so I was able pick my own menu once more. I ate fish 3 times last week. I packed my lunch for work. I even took my mom's dog for a freaking walk (which I don't do very often because she's pretty spastic and not so great at cardio-friendly walking). Then, I woke up on Wednesday with a pinched nerve and shot the whole thing to hell. Tag-a-longs, and Thin Mints, and Samoas, oh my!

Here's what I've realized this week. I cannot continue to life with excuses. All I do is make excuses. I have 101 reasons I can't make it to the gym, but not one of them is good or true. If I do not do something about my weight, I will live the rest of my life restricted by it. I think there is a fine line between telling myself that I am not defined by my body and deluding myself into believing that I'm not really all that big. But the simple truth is, I am extremely overweight. Like, I think I fall into the 'morbidly obese' category. That freaking sucks and I don't want to live this way anymore.

So I'm setting practical, achievable goals for myself. I want to loose 8 pounds in the next 4 weeks. In order to do this I am going to make it to the gym 4 times a week and at least two of those times will be in the morning before work. I MUST go once on the weekend and once on Wednesday (those are my easy days and I always use them for sleep instead of exercise). And I'm taking measurements so another goal is to have lost an inch from my bust, hips and waist within 6 weeks.

Also, I want to be down another pants size by May. Now, this will mean I have to start wearing pants (I'm on a skirt/dress kick), but I think I can handle that. I have LOADS of jeans just waiting to be worn in storage. And if my friend Jenny can go to actual boot camp, then I can go to the fake kind. Once I am able to run for 10 minutes straight on the treadmill, I will sign up (I'm thinking July for this).

So there they are. My goals. I invite you to ask me about them and call me on my bullshit if I act shady, okay. Don't forget, I am a recovering liar and honesty is still hard for me.

4 comments:

  1. Girl Scout cookies are rough. We bought five boxes and they were gone in two days. Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your blog and the raw honesty you put out there! It's really inspiring and I admire you so much for what you are doing, publicly no less! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your post just made me feel like I need to get off my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can go to boot camp, anyone can do anything! You will be great! I'll miss your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thoughts friend.

    I wish we hung out... Ever...

    I will email you now about other blog...

    ReplyDelete