February 7, 2010

Goodnight kittens, goodnight mittens

I am exhausted. The past 3 weeks I have been more tired than I thought was physically possible. And I have yawned so much that my jaw is beginning to ache (plus, every yawn exposes the new levels my double chin has arrived at, which tends to depress me).
I have 3 theories as to why this is happening:
1) The anit-depressants my doctor put me on must cause extreme fog and exhaustion. There should be a pamphlet or something warning me about the side affects, but he just gave me a months worth of samples and told me not to drink too much the first time I took a pill.
2) It could be because I am approaching day 14 of my period, which was a week late in the first place. I have this 'super fun' thing called PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and the best method of controlling it is birth control. But me and 'the pill' are not good friends. My cycle has been more jacked up since I've started on BC (that's what I call it so people don't get the wrong idea and think I'm just a whore :-). It's possible that I am so tired from the blood loss, but the nurse at my office did not seem one bit concerned and told me to call back next week if it's still happening.
3) It's cancer. Basically, I'm 99% certain that one day I will get cancer. Will it be breast, lung, cervical? Who knows. But I have always been afraid of the C word. And it's less about the being sick thing than it is about how I will ever be able to pay for cancer treatment. Thank goodness for corporate health insurance, but I'm sure there will still be hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills to pay one day. And this is the real reason I continue to play the lottery...
That's all I've got for today. My eyes are tearing up from all the yawning and I have to get up and let the dogs out in about 4 1/2 hours, so I should probably try to sleep a little bit while I still can.
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, maybe you need to be getting more than 4 1/2 hours of sleep.....just a hunch. :)

    ReplyDelete