December 7, 2009

Long Lost

I didn't have much to say again today, so I thought I'd post some more pictures. These are pictures of people I miss. People I really enjoy being with who, for one reason or another, I rarely see anymore. Obviously I am in all of these pictures, and you'll probably notice that my sister Eileen is in a few as well. I don't really miss Eileen, but she is going to Scotland next year and I'll probably be sad about that then, so I'm alright with her being in the pics. Also, how skinny am I in these shots?! Looks like I need to get my huge ass back to Weight Watchers sometime soon.
Anyway, allow me to introduce you to:


Jenny - I've known Jenny since 6th grade. We both played the clarinet in band, and while I was obviously the one with a 'gift', Jenny is the one who is currently a full time musician. Jenny & her husband Greg are expecting a baby girl early next year and I cannot wait to meet her. Mostly, I am excited to tell 'Baby Girl Stokes' about her mom's first boyfriend, why she should never give up reading music and about how fantastic her Grandma Stokes was.



Corrine & Leah - I met Corrine and Leah at almost the exact same time, back when they were in sophomores in high school and I was their Young Life leader. Turns out, I was a pretty terrible leader, because once these girls went off to college I lost track of them. Don't get me wrong, I have Facebook stalked them for years, but I wish I had been better at keeping up with these ladies. They made me laugh like you would not believe and I feel very grateful for the time I got to spend with them.



Jessica 'Rups' Lang - Technically she's a Gewinner, not a Lang, but I will always think of her as Jessi. This picture pretty much captures the spirit of my lovely friend. She is always getting between me and my sister....
Anyway, I met Jessi on a bus at a Young Life camp. She was skinnier than a malnourished Somalian, sillier than a clown smoking weed and soon became one of my very best friends. Jessi & her lover Kurt live in Colorado now (or 'Rado, as the cool kids call it). I think this is stupid and plan on luring her back with stolen bagels and some of my old bras (Jessi thinks they are hats). She is the easiest person to love that I have ever met. Also, her dad is smoking hot!




Ashley (aka Iesha) - While Ashley may live in Canada, she is the heart of Webster Groves to me. Once Ash got married, she stopped loving the smell of her own farts, but that was probably a good thing since she now lives with her husband and 2 sons. Sometimes I cannot believe my friends are parents, but not so with Ashley. She was born to be a mama and if she couldn't have kids, she's probably push a stroller around with a baby doll in it. And it wouldn't be weird (to me), because Ashley could totally rock that look. I miss her and sometimes when people talk about Canada, I get pissed because it stole her away from me. Stupid America Junior...

No comments:

Post a Comment