February 12, 2009

Cry Me A River

Before you watch the attached video, I wanted to say something.  When I started doing the whole blog thing, I thought it would be all good times and bad jokes.  My intention was to post pictures and stories about my life as a nanny that might be funny enough to make some of my friend laugh and then subsequently tell me how funny and gifted I am, but whatever.  And things went according to plan until the end of last year when I reached a place where I knew I couldn't go on pretending like life was all rainbows and pony rides.  I made the decision to improve my life and to begin to live it to the full.  I broke two HUGE addictions in my life (diet soda and cigarettes) at the same time and a week later started back with Weight Watchers and exercising.  I know some people might say that way too many big commitments at the same time, but I figured that I was ready and to continue abusing myself for even one more day would have been wrong and dishonest.
And so, the Anniefesto journey began.  I thought it would be genius to have a more streamlined focus for my second blog, hence the 'talky blogs'.   They have been great fun to put together, even though I'm still learning how to use all the bells and whistles on this new laptop.  Not to mention the fact that you guys seem to be embracing my new way of expressing myself with incredible generosity and love.  So all in all, Anniefesto is blessing me in ways I never imagined and I believe it will continue to do so.
All that being said, I just want you to know that while I am most comfortable cracking jokes and telling pointless stories, there are days when I just can't seem to conjure a smile.  I have ups and downs, just like you.  And if I am going to share my highs with you, I am also going to share my lows.  Please don't feel like you have to 'fix me' or check up on me when I post maudlin videos like to one below.  I mean, I'd love to hear from you, but I do not expect any of you to save me from myself or anything.  I just want to invite you to share in this, the most crazy, exciting, terrifying, insecure, proud season of my life so far.  Thanks for being a part of my story!

1 comment:

  1. Anne- I think life is a struggle everday. Everyone's life takes them down different paths and they face different struggles, but in the end we all have to find that happy medium that keeps us sane. Don't feel like you're the only one. The thing that's helped me along the way has been surrounding myself with people who are important to me and not being around those who cause drama or don't make me feel good about myself.

    ReplyDelete